Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do I really have to wear a bathing suit?!?!

The boys, my mom, and myself went to the indoor waterpark, Wilderness at the Smokies, in Pigeon Forge, TN this week for a few days. It is a really AWESOME place! The boys absolutely loved the water slides and play areas...great trip any time of the year, but especially when it's cold outside.  The slides are in one area, so I could see the boys while they were going down them all, and the area for little ones was perfect for Jacob. The only down side---I HAD TO WEAR A BATHING SUIT!! My poor body is definitely not in shape like it should be, and has not seen the sun in approximately 2 years! This was a sight that most probably did not enjoy.

But, just to encourage myself...I looked around and really didn't see anyone that looked "good in a bathing suit". From "hefty" women in bikinis (really, a bikini?! and at a waterpark?!) to teenage girls with "muffin tops", teenage boys with the behind sagging trunks, and the worst of all.....men with hairy backs and chests!! OH MY! I saw things that my eyes are now scarred from!  Seriously, I'm not trying to be judgemental. I'm sure that as I walked around I was placed in a "category" by others, just like I was doing in my head. 

I came to a conclusion during all my observations.....there are NO Perfect People in this world!!  That's a profound statement, right!?! :) Everyone is as imperfect as I am...inside and out! But, PRAISE TO THE LORD, that we can all be made "perfect" through HIM! Thank goodness He only looks at the heart, and doesn't look at our outward appearances. (We should dress and act in a way that glorifies Him, with a modest fashion & clean mouth. But, when it comes to salvation--the inside is what matters.) Through Christ, our old selves (the unclean and imperfect) can be made new (clean & perfect)!  I thank Him daily for taking this Imperfect Female and using me for His Glory! May I always be about His business!

Here's a video of Natalie Grant singing her song, "Perfect People"....where I get my title of, Imperfect Female.  We all have our imperfections, but we serve of PERFECT GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment